Tekcapital Plc (‘Tekcapital’, ‘we’, ‘us’) takes the protection of privacy very seriously. This notice describes how we collect, use, and handle your personal data. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Tekcapital carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the ‘Your rights?’ section below.
This notice applies to the information Tekcapital collect from customers, prospects and business contacts when they use the Tekcapital platform. It also covers personal information collected on www.tekcapital.com.
We will be the data controller for the personal data which is hosted on the Tekcapital platform.
2. Who we are
We are Tekcapital with a vision to transform the way technology is used for property transactions.
The website www.tekcapital.com and apps in the UK are run by Tekcapital.
3. What information do we collect?
We collect and process the following information:
- your first name
- your last name
- your email address
- your mobile number (which is optional)
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- Information you provide in enquiry forms; and
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website.
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties.
4. How do we use this information?
We process this data for the following purposes:
To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract including:
- To provide the Tekcapital platform and our website, and ancillary services such as customer support.
- To authenticate users of the Tekcapital platform.
- To send you service, technical and other administrative emails relating to the Tekcapital platform and our website, messages and other types of communications, like two factor authentication and resetting your password.
As required by Tekcapital to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To ensure the Tekcapital platform and our website is working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us.
- To make improvements to the Tekcapital platform and our website and to help us develop new products and services.
- To respond to enquiry forms that you complete on our website.
- We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how the Tekcapital platform and our website is used. For example, we analyse data about your use of the Tekcapital platform to do things like optimise product design. This information can consist of information such as geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, pages viewed and phone make and model.
- We use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about the Tekcapital platform, our website or other services.
- For direct marketing purposes including creating a profile about you to better understand you and tailor the marketing we serve you (including on social media). This may include information about the Tekcapital platform or information about our other products and services.
- We will use information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- To conduct surveys and other market research to ensure our services are relevant to your needs.
Where you give us consent:
- where required by law to send you direct marketing in relation to our services;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the information for the purpose which we explain at that time.
For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Vendors and service providers. We will share your personal information with third party service providers who support our business, who will process it on behalf of Tekcapital for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of hosting services and technical infrastructure CRM services, customer support services, and marketing services. Some of our key service providers are listed below:
Hubspot / based in the United States
Marketing automation / company updates / product information
Send In Blue / based in France
Marketing automation / company updates / product information
Amazon Web Services (AWS) / based in Ireland
Salesforce / based in Ireland
Key contact database / support ticketing system (including user contact information) / product information / marketing database
New Voice Media / England
Call recording software for training and quality purposes
Stripe / Ireland
Online payment provider
Zapier / United States
- Legal reasons. We will share personal information outside of Tekcapital if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to (i) enforce applicable terms of service or other agreements, including investigation of potential violations and audits, (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, security risks, or technical issues, and (iii) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Tekcapital, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Group companies. We may share your information with our group of companies for the purposes of business administration, maintaining security and regulatory compliance, providing support services to end users (including IT support, where relevant), marketing and analytics.
- Business transfers. In the event that Tekcapital undergoes any reorganisation, restructuring, merger, sale, or other transfer of assets your information will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to any new owners of the business.
6. International Transfer
In connection with the purposes identified above, your personal information may be transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area (‘EEA’), including to the United States. Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, information is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules. For more information on the transfer mechanism used, please contact us at the details set out below.
For data which is hosted in the Tekcapital platform: Tekcapital is a Data Controller for personal data hosted in the Tekcapital platform. For Tekcapital users (such as customers, prospects and business contacts) we will process and store personal data while we are in contact with you with relevant information on our services. If we have not contacted you for a period of 1 year your data will then be removed from our system automatically.
If you have opted out to your data being processed we will delete your data within 28 days of your opt out being received. Sometimes business and legal requirements oblige us to retain certain information, for specific purposes, for an extended period of time. Reasons we might retain some information for longer periods of time include security, fraud prevention, financial record-keeping, complying with legal or regulatory requirements.
8. Your rights
Where required by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this information to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing). These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights – or get a copy of our legitimate interest balancing tests – you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an information protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
For the provision of information marked as mandatory when you register to use the Tekcapital platform, if such information is not provided, then you will not be able to use the service. All other provision of your information is optional. If you do not provide such information, our provision of certain services to you may be detracted from.
9. Contact Details
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here: